Frequently Asked Questions
- When are your buildings open? The Village Buildings are open to the public every Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm from April through October, or by appointment. The Village is located in a public park, and visitors are welcome in the park anytime.
- Where is the Village office? The Village office is located in the Barnes House just west of the parking lot.
- How do I schedule a private tour? Call the Village office at 517-347-7300, or email us at email@example.com. Please allow at least 4 days notice to arrange for a private tour.
- Who do I contact to bring a school group to visit the Village? See our School tours page.
- Can I schedule a guided tour for my preschoolers? The Village buildings provide an excellent opportunity to teach elementary and middle school age children about local and Michigan history. It is our experience that preschool children do not have the concentration or motivation to sit still for a 30 minute docent presentation. Preschool children are welcome to walk in the park grounds, but a guided tour is not recommended.
- Where can I park my car? Please park your car in the lot between the Nokomis Learning Center and the Village. The lot next to the Village Chapel is intended for Meridian Township Fire and Public Safety personnel only.
- Is the Village handicap accessible? Most of our buildings are handicap accessible other than the Tollgate House, the Barnes House and the Farmhouse.
- Do you accept credit cards? At this time, the Village accepts credit card payments on our website via Paypal for weddings, membership dues, summer camp payments and one-time donations. The Village accepts credit card payments for school tours, private tours and gift shop purchases.
- What is your policy regarding professional photography in the Village? We appreciate that so many local photographers consider our beautiful buildings and grounds for their business. The park is open to the public, and photographers do not require permission, nor is there a charge to shoot on the grounds (although a donation is always appreciated). However, before scheduling a location shoot in the Village, photographers are strongly encouraged to check the Village Calendar to avoid possible conflicts with weddings, school groups and special events such as the Heritage Festival in the 1st Saturday in October and Christmas in the Village the 2nd Sunday in December. If a wedding party has reserved the Chapel and/or Gazebo through the Parks and Recreation Department, the wedding party photographer has the right to notify other photographers that they have the park reserved. If photographers need access to any of the buildings, or have any questions, photographers should email or contact the Village office at 517-347-7300.